Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Black Bean Salsa

Note to Self: Dear Linda, Please put the Salsa in the Pumpkin before your son eats it all.

I should have put the Salsa in the pumpkin before I told my son what we were having for dinner. I then played taxi and dropped my daughter off, came home to this....it's all I had left.....one little bowl of salsa. Yep, he downed it.

Okay - the idea is to make the salsa and place inside a cleaned out pumpkin. We had chicken enchiladas and this YUMMY Black Bean Salsa (what was left of it). Makes for a great display if you have a Fall Party to attend.

Black Bean Salsa

1 15oz can black beans drained and rinsed
1/2 cup red pepper diced
1 cup corn nibbletts
1/4 cup sweet onion chopped
3 tbsp. celery
2 tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper - optional
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. red vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. commercially prepared salsa
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.

Enjoy,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment