Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blondies



Well, this is one of my families favorites. Usually doesn't last but a day around here. Now, if you went to elementary school in the Mountains of Virginia (like me) you would call them Congo Bars. Sometimes I would trade everything on my plate for another Congo Bar. They are also call Blondies. Anyway, super simple and they are yummy.

Congo Bars - Blondies

1 stick butter - melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup nuts - optional
1/2 cup to 1 cup chocolate chips
(I'm the chocolate lover - 1 cup of morsels for me)

Butter 8x8 pan. Mix melted butter with brown sugar. Beat until smooth, then beat in egg, and add vanilla. Add salt and stir in flour. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.






Enjoy!!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment