Friday, November 27, 2009

Magic Meat Loaf - Crock Pot Recipe

Here is another favorite for my family. So easy too!!!



I love crock pot recipes. Makes it so nice to have it ready when you walk in the door, or have a busy day at home.



2 pounds ground beef

2 eggs

1/3 cup quick cooking oats

1 package dry onion soup mix

1/2 cup ketchup



Reserve 2 tablespoons ketchup. Combine all other ingredients and place in crock pot. Spread remaning ketchup on top. Place in crock pot, cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.



Note: I have also mixed this up and placed in freezer. It freezes well!



Enjoy!



Blessings,

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I like both recipes for different reasons.

    The salt dough is quick to mix up and bake. It's also more versatile in terms of being able to paint the ornies easily and in a variety of ways. It's my "go to" medium, I guess.

    The gingerbread takes longer as the dough needs to be made ahead and refrigerated before use. There are also more ingredients that you need to have on hand. I also tend to use this recipe only around Christmastime because gingerbread, for me, is kind of a seasonal thing. Gingerbread ornies are great left unpainted or decorated just a bit.

    Both keep very well when sealed with poly or wax.

    ReplyDelete