Friday, January 15, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak Subs



Joining in Colleens Recipe Swap for this week, this is my version of Philly Cheese Steak Subs.


Package of Top Sirloin Steaks (I used two)
Chopped onion
Chopped Green pepper (I didn't use this time because I didn't have one)
Can of mushrooms
Mozzarella Cheese
Sub Rolls
Butter
Steak sauce of your choice (I used Dales)

I put the steaks in the freezer for a little bit, so they would be easier to slice. I sliced the steaks into thin pieces first. I then put the steak, sauce, onions & mushrooms and cooked until done. I buttered the bread, put the steak mixture on the bread, then added the cheese. I then put under the broiler in the oven until cheese melted. These are always a huge hit with my family. I served them with tossed salad and chips. I guess I should add; this was just enough for my family of 4.









Blessings,
Linda





1 comment:

  1. those look quite tasty! i love that you use mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete